Difference between Circle and Sphere
There are a few fundamental differences between a circle and sphere which separates them in a lot of ways. Both the circle and sphere are different, even if they are circular objects. Thus, they create a lot of confusion in understanding them. Both seem to be similar, but in reality, they have a vast difference between them. Let us have a deeper understanding of both the terms.
Definition of Circle and Sphere
- A Circle is a two-dimensional figure whereas, a Sphere is a three-dimensional object.
- Area of a Circle = π r2 and Area of a Sphere = 4 π r2
- A circle has no volume and the Volume of a Sphere =4/3π r3
- A circle has all points at the same distance from its centre along a plane, whereas in a sphere all the points are equidistant from the centre at any of the axes.
- We can only determine the area in case of a Circle, while in Sphere, we can calculate the surface area as well as volume.
What is the Difference Between Sphere and Circle?
|Circle and Sphere Differences|
|Dimensions||Circle is a 2-dimensional figure.||Sphere is a 3-dimensional figure.|
|Area Formula||Area of Circle = π r2||Surface Area of a Sphere = 4 π r2|
|Volume Formula||Circle does not have volume.||Volume of a Sphere =4/3π r3|
|Diameter Formula||Diameter of a Circle = 2 r||Diameter of a Sphere = 2 r|
|Circumference Formula||Circumference of a Circle = 2 π r||Sphere does not have the circumference.|
|Equation||Equation of a Circle = (x−a)2+(y−b)2= r2||Equation of a Sphere = (x−h)2+(y−k)2+(z−l)2=r2|
Q.1: What is the area of a circle whose radius is 3 cm?
Solution: Given radius of circle, r = 3 cm
Area of circle = π r2
Therefore, Area = π (3)2
A = 9π sq.cm.
Q.2: What is the area of a ball, whose radius is 5 cm?
Solution: A ball is a round-shaped object like a sphere.
Given, the radius of the ball (r) = 5 cm
We know that, area of sphere = 4 π r2
Area of the ball with radius 5 cm = 4 π 52
Area = 100π sq.cm.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Is a sphere two-dimension?
How to find the area of the circle?
What is the volume of a circle?
What is the equation of circle and sphere?
The equation of sphere is given by (x−h)2+(y−k)2+(z−l)2=r2